Wednesday, April 20, 2016

normal things

My life has been in such a state of chaos for so long that it seems odd to slow down and focus on one thing at a time.  That's always a challenge for an ADD person like myself, and especially so when things are out of whack.  I've become a semi-hermit, by choice, in order to clear my head and create a vision for the future.  Being led is one thing but you have to visualize and manifest and otherwise show up for the party.  Reluctance to change has cost me a lot of opportunity, particularly in my professional life.  NOBODY works 39 years in one place anymore.  I'm almost up to Ms Laura's tenure!

It's nice to have a washer and dryer that work, and some light.  The floors will be done last after everything is shifted around in boxes and whatnot.  There's probably a snake up in one of them, if you know what I mean. It's time to purge, snakes and wasps and all.  Oh, and Asian beetles!  Lily sits in the window right now showing me the way out of the house and to Mexico for lunch with Lil' Patsye.  We have stayed in touch for many years and have a lot in common including our farmer fathers and a love of grande margaritas.  She's married to another long time buddy of mine and they split time between a cottage here and a home in East Tennessee.  She's a retired teacher but he's still hard at it in the rubber industry.    Their dog Sally is the smartest I've seen in a long time.

Babysister and I chatted yesterday and she shared the dinner menu with me as usual.  Her son is home from Thailand so he whipped up a dish for her and brother.   We she talked forever about this and that and shared a story about Mrs. Schlesinger who retired from the haute couture business to Memphis.  It was during that story that it became clear to me that it's only been three months since my mother died and I've lost track of time.

Sometimes that's the only way we make it through the journey of grief and acceptance.

^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment