Sunday, March 6, 2016

bloody sunday

My one outing today was to...you guessed it...the gentral.  Not the shady one this week, thankyouverymuch. Diane up at Four Points runs a nice store with nice people and you can find things.  It's the best one in Dyersburg and only a mile from my house.  Since we live in a "food desert" ten miles away from Kroger  I hit the DG up quite often, even though I don't agree with their business practice at times.  I miss the Mom and Pop grocery store on my way home from town...the one that flooded two years in a row.  The second time there was water up to the ceiling which was time to hang it up for Van and his family.  He  had rented the building for years and it was pretty bad to begin with but a convenient stop for many headed south.  Best.Meat.Ever.I heard on the radio that there's a free range meat company in Newbern but that's 15 miles away!   Somehow I managed to drop a 2 liter and start bleeding while shopping.  My skin is like paper sometimes.

I'm waiting for the afternoon warm up so I can do a little dirt digging and yard walking.  There is still no asparagus but lots of daffodils.  The TV is working in both rooms now so I'll be watching ( or recording ) tonight's debate depending on my horizontal status.  Sleeping for 12 hours is exactly what my old body needed last night.    There is more work to be done but I'm not in a hurry.  It's not like I'm going anywhere except to work and the beach.

So far I haven't heard the Christmas clock yet today.  We wish you a Merry Christmas!

Humility ~


No comments:

Post a Comment