Friday, November 27, 2015

dead skunk in the middle of the road

I've been dodging one for almost a week but the hawks have pretty much cleaned up.  Last night I went to the cabin to look for Christmas ornaments and immediately got sidetracked with all the stuff upstairs.  There is a LIVE skunk under the porch there and Oscar must have pissed him off because it smelled like Cheech and Chong up in Daddy's old office.

So, I'm tickled to death to not be at Black Friday events anywhere but here at Pecan Lane.  The estimated rent increase just for windows and doors is 150 bucks so it looks like paint will have to wait.  I'm barely on my feet and can't take on much more.  That improvement should help with heating and cooling costs.  Hopefully.  Maybe.  We'll see.  It blows my mind to think about how much I've spent in 28 years to live here and I have nothing to show for it.  I will be the one who goes looking for somebody to take me in after retirement!  I can probably qualify for low income housing then.

William the washer guy is busy so no service call until Tuesday.  Meanwhile, Exceed sat wireless failed to inform their installer that mine was cancelled so he showed up in the 'burg.  Sorry.  Also not in the budget.  FedEx ( and everybody else ) can't find the address here because the owner changed the name of the road and evidently I'm off the grid.  They always call when they can't locate.  Hopefully the laptop will be delivered today.

There are messes to clean and piles to sort so I'm outta here to see what can be accomplished in one day off.  Keep the faith kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment