Friday, October 7, 2011

and so it goes.....

It's been an interesting two weeks around here on the hill what with no 'puter to play with. Following an intense thunderstorm that knocked out the electricity for a couple of hours, I found to my dismay that my *beloved* old Dell desktop refused to even boot up. My friend looked at it and pronounced the mother board "fried" and when I put another tower to the whole thing, the modem was fried as well. Hmmm. ATT gladly sent me a new one for a mere 75 bucks in ten installments, so there you go. Some things are just a necessary part of life, especially when one roommate is job hunting.

Yesterday was "take your parents everywhere" day and we managed to get groceries, hair done, bank run and flu shots all by noon. Corporate is here to view the cotton pickin' which is well underway right across the lane. It is an amazing process to watch, especially considering the fact that most folks my age can remember picking it by hand with a sack on their shoulder. My BF's mother picked cotton the day he was born almost 56 years ago! What a woman.

The world is still crazy in spite of my hibernation from reality so I think I'll just stay there for awhile. It beats getting mad because some people are so damn stupid and prejudiced. My friend Drew sent me a quote from Steve Jobs which really grabbed me where I'm at these days...emotionally and physically. Every day passes by when I manage to hold onto my "inner voice" I give thanks, because that is the only way to grow and learn. When it all seems impossible, there is a path into the light.

The political scene is getting uglier by the day, and I blame both parties and the MSM. We, as a country, are struggling to survive in the worst economic times since the great depression. It did not happen overnight, rather in bits and pieces over the years of corporate greed and lack of oversight by the powers that be on every level. It's out of my hands, so I just pinch pennies and pray. At least I've got a job, even if it is the same old one I've had for 34 years.

You might be a redneck....if there's a freezer sitting on the back porch waiting to be moved. That is so typical of the way we do things around here. One day I just got tired of the thing and shoved it out the back door where it still sits. The entire house is covered with stacks of clothes and boxes and the dogs will lay on most anything other than the floor so there's plenty of hair on everything. Such is my life.

Keep the faith ya'll. It's the only way to be ^j^

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back Janie. Keep on keepin' on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was concerned with not seeing anything on either the FB or here since the 25th so I sent out the bloodhounds to track you down. Glad everything is all good again.
    As for the politics stuff, that stuff never changes, just the names...
    Hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete