Sunday, September 18, 2011

obedient child

Following a long hiatus, my crazy sista friend and I have re-bonded in a number of ways. As a yoga instructor and firm believer in natural remedies, she has already introduced me to a basic yoga pose that is good for the hip and lower back that pain me. I do so love it when karma throws me a kiss that way. Speaking of which, my dear sweet Mama gave me a pedicure from Angel's Crown Center for my birthday and tipped me off on who gives the best foot massage among their staff of three. I could care less about a manicure...give me some help for my poor aching dogs!

As usual, this weekend I walked my ass off in the aisles that are my home away from home at the sawmill. It dawned on me that my days are numbered up in there because I'm too old for all that physical shit and have failed to use my brain power to come up with a plan like my hero Nancy B. Papers cost about a buck now so I usually prowl the interwebs for relevant topics like why the HELL those dickheads in Congress don't just give it up and agree to term limits which is all we want. Hey...it it doesn't work out and you don't produce results that are an asset to the American way of life, you're outta there. This should not include wars related to oil rights or super powers in training. In my humble opinion, it's about homeland security and jobs for people who are willing to work when their free ride is cut off. When I look around at all the poverty in this world...and in this COUNTRY I am disgusted with how people steal and rob just to make themselves feel better: case in point...two real estate developers in the Memphis market managed to secure around 30M in bank loans with grandiose plans to build "little boxes" on farm land in northern Mississippi. Instead of putting the capital toward the project, they proceeded to buy jets and palatial homes with giant pools and tennis courts. Now THEIR lenders will have to suck it up in BK court and figure out how to keep their honest customers. Sucks to be them when the trickle down effect comes into play. They've already spent it all anyways.

Some days I feel like I'm lost in space...trying to believe in a nation that is trying its' best to believe and searching for answers when nobody cares except the ones who have the power to make our days miserable and long. But then? Something happens which seems awesomely random and it gives you the will to go on because somebody hears your voice. Usually it's not an elected politician but a trusted friend or confidante. Serendipity!

My daddy never understood why "my generation" was so against the war in Vietnam. As a child of WWII, he probably never will until we all get to heaven and agree on something or other. That's what heaven is, right?

^j^

1 comment:

  1. I think we forget all about those eartly woes and disagreements up there. It's all about His love for us that makes it the place to be.

    Speaking of a Plan B, I keep trying for mine, but so far, bigger fish than I, keep knocking it back into my lap.
    Hugs and prayers

    ReplyDelete