Tuesday, April 12, 2011

houston, we have a problem

I remember watching the launches back in the sixties and seventies and thinking how cool it must be to go out there in space where we don't have a clue what's going on beyond big mother earth. I fell out of love with that deal when a crew died in a flash fire during a simulation. Nothing is worth that, I said to myself.

As usual, spring in Tennessee has produced some really odd weather including floods of epic proportions local interest around the 'burg. I headed out from the sawmill yesterday intending to stop at the dollar store for hair color and instead found myself navigating the mighty floodwaters on Forrest street. It was a freakin' downpour, ya'll....about three inches in two hours. Most of the ditches are clean today :)

I've been interweb deprived for a couple of days which can be a good thing as long as you're not making your living that way. Hit the high spots out in the yard with daddy/bubba's mower and we moseyed on down to see the huge pecan that fell into Pride's remaining pasture. He's old and he needs shoes but loves those apple treats to death. We're making progress on the visit from corporate. I'll let ya'll know how all that goes.

On a lighter note, I have been booked to shuttle two riverguys and their faithful beagle Snoop back from Memphis after they float past the Chickasaw bluffs in Lauderdale county toward Mud island. Memphis is notorious for spinning things off of Beale street and Tom Lee park. The island is an absolutely beautiful venue, weather permitting. My husband and I sat through a rain storm there watching my beloved JT live and in person. I literally shivered all the way back to Dyer county.

^j^

1 comment: