Friday, July 30, 2010

when it rains it pours

Aside from the fact that it's been a hundred freakin' degrees every day this week, it has been an emotional roller coaster for us here on the lane. BG's Dad did indeed improve enough to go home with a diagnosis of diabetes on top of his other health problems. Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers. He had a heart attack when he was 39 that would have killed most people, yet he came out of it with no damage whatsoever and only a stent. If it ain't your time...........

Unless Big Ernie sees fit to perform a miracle of a parting-of-the-water sort, my cousin who is hospitalized in St. Louis will not have such a good outcome. She had to wait so long for a liver that she was a bad surgical risk by the time they were ready for her, so now she's there to die. Her family is there with her, and we are staying in touch by phone.

BG's BF blew in a couple of days ago after a month's absence on the road. He even weedeated the woodpile, bless his heart. He turned 30 last week and I've yet to tell him happy birthday. My bad! We are grilling tonight to feed another friend and co-worker whose birthday is today. If at all possible, I'll do it without the oven. Lord have mercy....that thing takes forevah to cool down. I went up to the pond by the highway late yesterday afternoon to take some pictures and prowl around. When I got home and ready to shower off the sweat I found two TICKS on my waist, one dug in. I snatched 'em off and flushed them, but there's a little hole there....the "bullseye" that they leave. Two docs told me not to worry unless I go a little crazy in two weeks.
It's hard to believe that school is back in session already. I haven't seen the big yellow bus for many weeks now, and it just passed down the lane. Being in the band or on the football team is not for sissies because the heat during practice is brutal. It's not usually until November that you can go to a game without breaking a sweat. It's amazing how your whole world changes when there's no kid in school. In a good way, of course :)

If ya'll need me, I'll be inside under the fans sipping mint juleps drinking beer. Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment