Wednesday, April 28, 2010

peaks and valleys

I suppose it is easy to be faithful when all is going well..like, you know how when nothing breaks and nobody gets sick and there's no drama at home or at work. If you're like me, you tend to take that for granted and whine to high heaven when the hard times roll around again. My dear friend the "little general" has lots of quotes from her late mother that she passes around when it all seems to be like a big fat circus sans ringmaster. " Peaks and valleys" is my favorite. I reckon that's because I tend to look at the glass as half full as in "Leave room for the spirit to work." If you're not from the 'burg, you probably haven't heard that one. It was propped up on the author's casket at his funeral.

It is kind of cool how Big Ernie manages to coordinate benefits and debits. I wish more people could see things that way, but I guess that's just life. It's all about choices and living with the consequences therein. In my experience, there's always a rainbow somewhere around the corner showing up when you least expect it.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment