Sunday, February 14, 2010

snow on the north banks

That's about all we have left here, and the oldtimers say they're waiting on the next one. Looks like they might get it tonight. Note to self: get those boots NOW while they're on sale. Today is the polar opposite of yesterday with gloomy skies all around. Someone please remind me in July that I said I was over winter. I'll be wanting it back then :)

Mom and Daddy went to church together on the first day of their 57th year of marriage. As soon they were in the car, Mom went fishing for my valentine. The organization of this holiday has been sort of haphazard with the BG and I doing team shopping for them and everybody else. Inside my card, which I had purchased for them, was a gold necklace with a diamond heart that he had given her sometime or another. I'm glad I kinda sorta knew ahead of time or else I would have busted out crying right there at Mel's. They got special attention since it was their anniversary, and their favorite waitress who has the menu memorized was back in action. For supper there will be more church and pimento cheese. That, my friends, is true love. I still have the heart dangling from my neck and those loving handwritten words running through my head.

Happy Valentine's Day ya'll. Keep the faith ^j^


3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to the happy couple. They are an inspiration to many of us Janie...
    and so are you.
    Happy Valentine's Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day Miz Janie. And a big happy Anniversary to the happily married couple.

    Hugs and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hapy Valentine's Day to you, Poopie and Happy Anniversary to your parents.

    ReplyDelete